Interested in fundraising and raising awareness for Echoing Good? Here’s a sampling of fun, creative ways you can get involved:
- Have an Echo Chain contest – gather a group of friends to see who can grow their Echo Chain the most! Give awards to the person whose chain grew the longest and the person whose chain raised the most money.
- Use a special occasion! Have an upcoming birthday or are you graduating this year? Ask your loved ones to make donations in your name in lieu of gifts.
- Have a bake sale and donate your profits to the project of your choice!
- Host a fundraising potluck – have your friends over and ask them to bring their favorite dish along with a few extra dollars for Echoing Good.
- Are you a great cook? Invite your friends over for dinner or brunch and ask that they contribute a small donation to Echoing Good in exchange for a delicious meal.
- Donate your car or vehicle.
- Party with a purpose – if you’re throwing a bash ask guests to contribute $5 for Echoing Good at the door.
- Running a 5k? A 10k? A marathon? What about a bike race or a swimming competition? Use your sporting event to raise money for Echoing Good by asking for contributions.
- Have a garage sale and donate your profits to Echoing Good!
- Are you an awesome artist? Do you make amazing jewelry? Whatever your creative talent may be, sell your product to benefit one of our projects!
- Fundraise with your work – gather a group of your colleagues and fundraise together.
However you decide to support Echoing Good, here are some tips that will help make your fundraiser a success:
- Spread the word about your fundraiser, Echoing Good, and the project you are supporting through social media.
- Read and get to know Echoing Good and the project you are supporting so that you can answer any questions your friends may have.
- Sometimes getting the ball rolling can be difficult so set a good example by being the first to donate.
- Follow up! We all live busy lives so sometimes we need to remind our friends and family a few times that we’re fundraising for a great cause!
- Stress that every dollar counts! People often feel like their $5 or $10 contribution won’t matter. Not true! Tell your supporters that given the cost effective nature of all Echoing Good’s projects, big or small, their donations will make a difference.
- Always say thank you! Let your friends and family know how much it means to you to have their support.